HT & LT POWER CABLES
- The cable division manufacturing infrastructure is equipped with high quality machines & equipments of most reputed makes like Niehoff for Rod Break Down and Multi-Wire drawing machines, Extruders from Rosendahl, Troester, Nextrom, Swisscab, Francis Shaw, Supermac etc. It has been manufacturing the power & control cables since 1991 and is manned by highly skilled work force and experienced technical & managerial resources. It uses the best quality XLPE, PVC, HDPE and other raw materials imported from reputed brands like Dow Chemicals, Borealis, Hanwa Corporation, SCG etc.We also offer Low Voltage and Medium Voltage XLPE cables for continuous operation of 105°C instead of normal 90°C offered by competition. This allows more Power transfer for same conductor size.
- HT XLPE CABLE UP TO 66 KV
- LT XLPE / PVC INSULATED CABLE
- HT & LT AERIAL BUNCHED CABLE (UP TO 33 KV)
- CONTROL CABLES (Up to 61 Cores)
- COVERED CONDUCTOR (UP TO 110 KV)
- SCREENED INSTRUMENTATION CABLES
- CABLES WITH FR / FRLS / LSOH / PE Sheath
- UNIDAC ANTI-POWER THEFT CABLE
- ETFE/FEP FLUOROPLASTIC CABLES
- ELECTRON BEAM IRRADIATED CABLES
STRIKING PROPERTIES OF XLPE CABLES
- Higher current carrying capacity (Higher permissible continuous conductor temperature upto 90°C )
- Higher short circuit rating (XLPE can withstand short circuit temperature upto 250°C)
- Higher Temperature to withstand emergency overload (upto 130°C )
- Extremely low dielectric losses (very important for HV cables)
- Are light in weight and much easier jointing & termination with smaller bending radius
ELASTOMERIC (RUBBER) CABLES
- Wind Mill Cables produced upto 33 kv by delivering quality cable solution to renowned wind mill OEM like Suzlon, Gamesa, Lietwind, Garuda Vayushakti, Kenersys, Enercon (Wind World) etc. After having served so many national and international reputes OEMs now we are also available in the International Marketings for Wind Mill Projects.Nuclear Power Plants also requires high quality cables that meet stringent Nuclear Regulatory Commission standards and are expected to provide trouble free service life for over 40-60 years. Our cables meet various stringent test like, ageing, management and condition monitoring. Uniflex cables have developed cables that passes the stringent requirement of Thermal Ageing followed by Radiation Resistance Test, LOCA (Loss of coolant Accident) test, MSLB (Main steam Line Break) test meeting the requirement of IEEE-383 for Class 1E. Some of the Nuclear Plants where we supplied cables are Narora, Rajasthan Atomic, Tarapur Atomic, Kakrapar Atomic, Kudakulam Nuclear, Madras Automic, Kaiga and Kalpakam Atomic.Apar has added technologically advanced state of the art green field project(at Khatalwada) located about 20 kms from Vapi in Western India for 1.5 MeV and 3.0 MeV Electron Beam Accelerators alongwith handing systems suitable for Irradiation of various types of Rubber/Elastomeric Cables which has various advantages over the chemical/dry/steam curing method.
- ELECTRON BEAM IRRADIATED CABLES
- RAILWAY LOCOMOTIVE CABLES WITH EBEAM TECHNOLOGY
- SHIP WIRING CABLES WITH EBEAM TECHNOLOGY
- WIND MILL CABLES UP TO 33 KV
- SOLAR PV CABLES (TUV APPROVED)
- FLEXIBLE TRAILING CABLES
- WELDING CABLES
- LFH CABLES EPR/EVA
- SILICONE RUBBER (High Temp) CABLES
- HIGH VOLTAGE ELASTOMER CABLE
- MINING CABLE
- CHEMICAL CROSS-LINK CABLE
- FESTOON CABLE
- FIRE SURVIVAL (FS) CABLES
- CRD CABLE (ALSO WITH INTEGRATED FIBER OPTICS)
SOLAR AND WINDMILL CABLES
WIND POWER CABLES FOR WINDMILLS
- Largest supplier of Wind Mill Cables in India
- From Low Voltage 1.1 KV Up to 33 KV Grade, EPR Insulated
- High Flexibility PCP, CSP, FRLS Jacket options
- Designed to withstand High Torsion condition
- UV, OZONE and Fire Performance
- Electron Beam Irradiated cables also available
- Reduced bending Radius Aluminium Cables also available
TUV 2 PFG-1169/08.2007 CERTIFIED-SOLAR CABLE
- Rated for 1.8 KV DC operation
- Annealed Tinned Flexible Copper, XLPO Insulation & Sheath
- Electron Beam Irradiation Cross-Linking for Insulation & Sheath
- Zero Halogen Low Smoke Properties
- Ultra Violet Rays & Ozone resistant
- Cables have 25 years of life
- Cables can be offered Rodent proof
- Aluminium & Copper Clad Aluminium also available.
ELECTRICAL & TELECOM CABLES
The Company has set up an Electron Beam Irradiation facility at Khatalwada with two Electron Beam accelerators of 1.50 MeV and 3.0 MeV with suitable under-beam handling systems for a wide range of cables and other products like Heat Shrink Tubes and components, PE Pipes, Sterlization of Medical products, Gems and Diamonds, Laminated tubes, HDPE pipes up to 200mm, Reprocessing of PTFE, Packaging and Foam PE sheets etc.
This division supplies its cables to various industry segments in India viz., Power Utilities, Petrochemicals, Steel, Cement, Nuclear Power, Defence, Telecommunication, Metros, and Shipbuilding etc. It has accreditation from various consultants and clients like Mazagaon Docks, DRDO, Navy, EIL, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, MRPL, Toyo Engineering, Uhde India, Mott Macdonald, PDIL, SAIL, Tata Power, CPRO, RDSO, NPCIL, Suzlon, Gamesa, ABB, Siemens, L&T, Crompton etc. It exports over 30% of its production of various cables to several countries in the Middle East and African countries.
The cable division which has been growing rapidly at a CAGR of > 20% during the last 5 years, has its manufacturing facility accredited with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. The division has also been accredited with “EXPORT HOUSE” status by Ministry of Commerce and Industry. After the amalgamation of UCL with Apar Industries in 2012, the business is carried out as “Apar Industries Limited (Unit : Uniflex Cables)”.
FIBER OPTIC CABLES
The Telecom Division is well equipped with the most latest and modern manufacturing plant for Optical Fiber Cables. Apar’s Uniflex Cables Division has been manufacturing Fiber Optic Cables since 1995. We manufacture Unitube cables up to 24Fiber, Loose Tube cables upto 432 Fiber and Ribbon Cables up to 576 Fibers. Cables are offered in various design constructions as per customer requirements variants like DUCT, ARMOURED, ADSS, Fig. 8 etc. Also offered are cables for FTTH constructions. The cables with Single mode Fiber G652B, G652D, G655, G657 and in Multi-mode OM1 (62.5/125), OM2 (50/125), OM3 (50/125), OM4 (50/125). We possess the Type Approval from TEC for G652D fiber and are a regular vendor for several telecom operators viz. BSNL, BBNL, Reliance Infocom, Reliance Jio etc in India besides several MSO’s (Multi Service operators). Cables have been exported to several countries.
- UNITUBE and LOOSE TUBE (MULTI-TUBE) CABLES
- ARMOURED/UNARMOURED SM/MM CABLES (UPTO 432 FIBRES)
- CABLES WITH ROUND WIRE ARMOUR AND FRLS ZERO HALOGEN SHEATH OPTION
- ADSS and AERIAL FIGURE 8 CABLES
- RIBBON CABLES UP TO 576 FIBERS
- TACTICAL CABLE (with Steel tube Fibers) FOR DEFENCE SYSTEM
- TORPEDO FIBER OPTIC CABLE
It Has Many Special Fiber Optic Cable Designs For Application In Critical Areas Like:
- Optoflex Festoon cable for heavy duty Cranes
- Under water fiber optic cable
- Fire Survival fiber optic cable
- Zero Halogen sheath for Oil & Gas sector
- Round Steel Wire Armouring for protection
- Tactical cable with fiber in stainless steel tube
(UMBLLICAL, TETHER & ROV CABLES)
We provide a variety of custom-engineered hybrid cable products involving integration of power, control, signaling and fiber optics such as tactical sonar cable systems, high & low density tow and umbilical cables systems and submarine cable systems for sensors and power distribution and subsea vehicle cables. Our custom engineered cables are with a combination of maximum strength with minimum diameter to enable efficient data and power transmission whilst surviving repeated duty cycles over long periods and typically in very harsh conditions. Our design engineering department has the capacity to study and design cables to meet specific customer requirements. We are capable to handle various raw materials to provide solutions to specific problems. Together with the customer, we decide the necessary tests to be carried out on cables, depending on the demand of their applications.
Uniflex has acquired the requisite skill through participation in number of projects that has gifted the organization with a unique awareness of the industry’s needs for a diverse range of subsea power, communication and fiber optic applications. We meet challenges in engineering new manufacturing techniques that reduce the overall diameter and improve the efficiency of the towed systems, through a combination of advanced materials, methodologies and hi-tech signal and fiber optic components. These products are all specially engineered and manufactured to suit the dynamics and the challenges of the subsea application.
Uniflex can Design and Engineer sub-sea cable system involving High Voltage, Low Voltage cables, Fiber Optic cables for sub-sea applications due to rich experience gained in executing orders for Naval systems. For its efforts, Defence Research Development Organization of Govt. of India has awarded a Commendation Certificate.
Uniflex welcomes client supplied designs for Import substitute products and in many cases can advise and assist in making design improvements that enhance the effectiveness of the integrated cable system.
UNDER WATER SUB-SEA CABLE SYSTEMS
Uniflex Cables is actively involved in design, manufacture and supply of high performance under water cable and umbilica l products designed to fulfill a number of different functions in a single cable for the naval d efence sector. Supported by significant investments in state – of – the – art machinery, proprietary processes and design engineering s kills developed over a period o f time , Uniflex Cables maintains a competitive advantage as the only Indian cable company provid ing highly customized integrated cable products and solutions for such critical applications
Uniflex provides a variety of custom – engineered hybrid cable produ cts involving integration of Power, control, signaling and Fiber optics such as tactical sonar cable systems, High & Low density tow and umbilical cables systems and submarine cable systems for sensors and power distribution and subsea vehicle cables. Unif lex’s custom engineered cables combine maximum strength with minimum diameter to enable efficient data and power transmission whilst surviving repeated duty cycles over long periods, and typically in very harsh conditions. Uniflex’s design engineering depa rtment has the capacity to study and design cables to meet specific customer requirements. In our production facilities, various materials can be used to provide solutions to specific problems. Together with the customer, we decide the necessary tests to b e carried out on cables, depending on the demands of their applications.
Uniflex ha s acquired the requisite skill through participation in number of projects that has gifted the organization with a unique awareness of the industy’s needs for a diverse rang e of subsea power, communication and fiber optic applications. Uniflex met this challenge, engineering new manufacturing techniques that reduce the overall diameter and improve the efficiency of the towed systems, through a combination of advanced material s, methodologies and hi – tec h signal & Fiber optic components. These products are all specially engineered and manufactured to suit the dynamics and the challenges of the subsea application
Uniflex can Design and Engineer sub – sea cable system involving Hi gh Voltage , Low Voltage cables , Fiber Optic cables for sub – sea applications due to rich experience gained in executing orders for Naval systems. For its efforts, Defence Research Development Organization of Govt. of India has awarded a Commendation Certifi cate
Uniflex welcome s client supplied designs for Import substitute products and in many cases can advise and assist in making design improvements that enhance the effectiveness of the integrated cable system.
E-BEAM IRRADIATED PRODUCTS
Radiation has been used in various fields such as nuclear physics, chemistry, medical and isotopes ever since X-Ray was first discovered by Roentgen in 1895. The Radiation chemistry has become popular in various industrial fields after radiation cross-linking phenomena was experimented in polyethylene in 1952. Presently over 1800 (estimated) electron accelerators based processing units are in operation worldwide with 650 units in North America, 380 in Japan, 240 in China, 6 in India (with our machines added).
As the name implies, Electron Beam is the flow of high energy electrons and the energy is obtained as kinetic energy when the electrons move in a high electric field. The radiation processing by Electron Beam is a Physical reaction caused in a material by an exposure to its irradiation. The E-Beam Irradiation is a process in which the polymer is exposed to an energetic, highly charged stream of electrons. Polymers are made of hydrocarbons having C=C as strong bond and C-H as weak bond. The principal effect of high velocity electrons is to break the existing weak hydrogen bonds & create a free radical in the polymeric insulation materials. Similarly another electron penetrates and knocks off another H and creates another free radicals. These two free radicals react with each other and form a double bond which we call as cross-links between molecules.
This cross linking significantly improves Thermal, Mechanical and Chemical properties of the polymer i.e. insulation & sheathing materials. Electron beam irradiation (for cross-linking) makes the polymer dimensionally more stable under the influence of heat, resistant to chemicals, solvents and high temperatures, tough and more abrasion resistant. The conventional methods of cross-linking based on thermally induced chemical reaction “chemical cross-linking”, have drawbacks that it is carried out at high temperatures which does effect the life of Polymers due to degradation caused by high temperature exposure whereas the electron-beam cross-linking is carried out at room temperature. With the electron-beam accelerators, the insulation materials can be cross-linked within a few seconds. The homogeneous irradiation ensures that the homogeneous cross-linking is achieved. The term Irradiation is simply the act of applying radiation (or radiant energy) to some material.
The Electron Beam Cross Linked (EBXL) wires and cables offer superior performance in demanding application and in extreme environments. Some of the improved Mechanical Properties are:
- Superior performance of wire and cables in demanding applications and in extreme environments
- Improved Mechanical Properties:
- Tensile strength increases
- Abrasion Resistance
- Thermal Resistance
- Stress Cracking Resistance
- Flame Propagation Resistance
- Deformation Resistance
- Cut through Resistance